Calls for papers
An interdisciplinary conference in memory Leonidas Donskis
The Interdisciplinary Intellectual Practices and Moral Imagination of Leonidas Donskis
In memory of philosopher Professor Leonidas Donskis, the Department of Philosophy and Social Critique at Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is organizing an interdisciplinary conference of humanities and social sciences devoted to his thinking and research.
The conference will be held at Vytautas Magnus University on May 11 – 12, 2017.
Themes of the conference, all of which are related and devoted to Donskis‘ own research:
- Comparative civilizational analysis and Oswald Spengler
- Theories of nationalism and the problem of ideology
- History of ideas and the history of social and political philosophy
- Moral imagination and modernity’s trajectories
- Renaissance and Baroque philosophy
- Intersections of literature and politics
- Critics of dystopias and utopias
- Transformation of socialist intelligentsia into Western public intellectuals
- Cultural and political idea of Europe
- Dissents of Europe and human rights
- New civic dissent and human rights in Russia
- Modern identity and cosmopolitanism
- The problem of evil and forms of hatred in liquid modernity
- The role(s) of the public intellectual in society
The conference welcomes financial, intellectual and organizational contributions.
We invite you to apply for participation in the conference before the April 1, 2017. Please send the title and abstract of your presentation (up to 500 words) firstname.lastname@example.org.